Kazakh Humanitarian Law Innovation University, Faculty of Economics, Economist, 2012
University of Dundee, Law School, LLM in International Commercial Law, 2009
Kazakh National University named after Al-Farabi, faculty of International Relations, BA in International Law, with distinction, 2007
Zhanat is a Senior Associate at Bolotov & Partners. His expertise includes IP rights enforcement. In particular, he is engaged in issues related to application of pretrial, civil, administrative, criminal and customs measures of trademark rights protection, including issues related to parallel import and import of counterfeited goods. He closely cooperates with the state enforcement agencies, participates in resolving of domain name disputes and provides consulting on competition issues. Zhanat regularly speaks at the local and international seminars and conferences.
Practices & Industries
- Intellectual property issues
- Protection of intellectual property rights
- Civil, administrative and criminal court proceedings
- Licensing and assignment of rights to intellectual property
- Domain name disputes
- Actions against unfair competition and monopolist activity
- Corporate, Commercial and IP Lawyer, SIGNUM Law Firm LLP, Almaty, Kazakhstan, 2007-2010
- "On Protection of Trademarks by Customs Measures" (in co-authorship with Y. Bolotov, M. Rudik) - April, 2012
- "Domain Names Regulations in Kazakhstan " - www.country-index.com, October, 2011
- Certificate of Completion "Franchise Basics - Introduction to Franchising"