The exclusive right to a trademark in relation to all goods (services) or their part can be transferred under the assignment agreement. The transfer of the exclusive right to a trademark is not allowed if it can be a ground for misleading in relation to a product or its producer.
The transfer of the exclusive right to a trademark to another person does not entail termination of an agreement.
The exclusive right to a trademark in relation to all goods (services) and the right to use can be pledged.
The assignment agreement is concluded in a written form and is subject to registration with the State Register of Trademarks within ten working days following the day of receipt of the application by the interested party of the agreement.
We offer following services:
- Preparation of draft agreements on the transfer of rights under licensing agreements;
- Preparation, filing and maintenance of an application for registration of an agreement on the use of industrial property objects;
- Legal advice on the transferred rights to IP objects under the agreement;
- Preparation of memorandums, legal opinions on the compliance of agreements with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Assistance in the resolution of disputes under the assignment and licensing agreements in courts and pre-trial settlements.
In this section, information concerning the section Assignment Agreement is published.
- Assignment of rights under franchising agreements in Kazakhstan;
- Assignment of rights under licensing agreements in Kazakhstan;
- Some issues concerning legislation related to licensing agreements in Kazakhstan;