Exclusive rights to an intellectual property object may be transferred by the right holder to another person in whole or in part under the agreement.
The trademark owner acquires the following exclusive rights upon registration of a trademark:
- the right to prohibit use of a trademark by the third parties;
- grant the right to use a trademark to the third parties on a contractual basis (licensing);
- sell trademark rights to the third parties (assignment of rights) or pledge, etc.
The pledge agreement is concluded in written form and is registered with the authorized body.
We offer following services:
- Preparation of draft agreements on the transfer of rights and licensing agreements;
- Preparation, filing and maintenance of an application for registration of an agreement on the use of industrial property objects;
- Legal advice on the transferred rights to IP objects under the agreement;
- Preparation of memorandums, legal opinions on the compliance of agreements with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Assistance in the resolution of disputes under the assignment and licensing agreements in courts and pre-trial settlements.
In this section, information concerning the section Pledge Agreements is published.
- Assignment of rights under licensing agreements in Kazakhstan;
- Some issues concerning legislation related to licensing agreements in Kazakhstan;
- Assignment of rights under franchising agreements in Kazakhstan;