Associate, Copyright specialist
Victoria specializes in intellectual property law, in particular, in protection and enforcement of copyright and related rights, trademark rights, conclusion and registration of commercialization agreements, as well as general legal issues related to corporate, contract and labor law. Mrs. Nurmashova also has extensive experience in media and advertising regulation.
Contacts Mobile: +7 (701) 726 12 21
- Advice on copyright and related rights, trademark rights, as well as on the conclusion and registration of commercialization agreements
- Protection of intellectual property rights in the field of copyright and related rights
- Litigation in civil and administrative cases
- Academy of Law “Higher School of Law “Adilet”, Master of Law, 2005.
- Academy of Law “High School of Law “Adilet”, Lawyer, 2003.
- General Counsel of Central Media Distribution LLP, LUX FM radio station, Almaty, 2017-2021.
- Lawyer of ART-Media Building Corporation LLP, Almaty, 2015-2017.
- Director of the Legal Department of Favorite Media Group LLP, Almaty, 2007-2012.
- Head of the legal department of TV and radio company Channel 31 LLP, Almaty, 2006-2007.
- Head of the legal department, Public Foundation “National League of Consumers of Kazakhstan”, Almaty, 2004-2006.
Academic Law School under the National Research Institute of State & Legislation of the Kazakh Academy of Science, Almaty, Kazakhstan, Lawyer, 1998
Moscow Steel & Alloys Institute, Metallurgical Engineer, Physical Chemistry, 1983
Mr. Bolotov is a registered patent and trademark attorney of Kazakhstan. For now more than 20 years he has worked in the area of use and protection of intellectual property rights including trademarks, patents, inventions, utility models and industrial designs, copyrights and know-how in Kazakhstan and other countries. Yuri has represented a number of major international corporations in courts of various levels and state agencies, has participated in pre-court settlements and general commercial negotiations. His experience includes due diligence of Kazakhstani and foreign companies, and IP audits. He also has extensive experience in corporate, anti-monopoly and employment matters.
Practices & Industries
- Intellectual Property
- Patent and Trademark Litigation
- Technology Transfers & Licensing
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Joint Ventures
- Managing Partner, BMF Group LLP, Almaty, Kazakhstan, 2010-2012
- Managing Attorney/Partner, McGuireWoods Kazakhstan LLP, Almaty, Kazakhstan, 2004-2010
- Associate, Trademark & Patent Attorney, Michael Wilson & Partners Ltd., Almaty, Kazakhstan, 1998-2004
- Associate, Trademark & Patent Attorney, Baker & McKenzie CIS Ltd., Almaty, Kazakhstan, 1995-1998
- Director, Trademark & Patent Attorney, Bolotov & Partners LLP, Almaty, Kazakhstan, 1993-1995
- Medal of the Committee of Intellectual Property Rights of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the contribution in the development of the patent system, 2013
- Certificate of honor of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the excellent cooperation, 2012
- "Senior Research Scientist", Technology of Silicates and Refractory Materials, (Diploma of the State Higher Attestation Commission, Moscow), 1991
- Honorary Badge "USSR Inventor", 1988
- Fairfax University, Louisiana, USA, D.Litt, 2002
- Riga Polytechnic University, PhD, 1987
- Mr. Bolotov is the author of more than 60 articles on legal issues, 18 inventions and more than 40 articles on physical chemistry and materials of high-temperature technology.
- Kazakhstan Section of the International Comparative Legal Guide to Franchise 2015 (in co-authorship with V.Markov) - 2015
- "On Protection of Trademarks by Customs Measures" (in co-authorship with M. Rudic, Zh. Nurmagambetov) - April, 2012
- «Kazakhstan: Protecting Trademark Rights» (in co-authorship with S. Kulzhambekova) – IP Value, 2009
- “Intellectual property in KAZAKHSTAN +” - The Russia/Eurasia Executive Guide, July 2008
- "Outbound Investment in Kazakhstan: Intellectual Property in Kazakhstan, China Law & Practice, March 2008
- «Due Diligence of a Company for Intellectual Property» (in co-authorship E. Shatrova), Industry of Kazakhstan, 2004
- «Software Copyright Protection in the Republic of Kazakhstan» (in co-authorship with S. Kulzhambekova) - Doing Business with Kazakhstan (3rd Edition), Cogan Page & Contributors, 2004
- «Protection and Defence of Know-How» - Chapter V of the Text Book Principles of Patent Law and Patenting in the Republic of Kazakhstan, Almaty, Zheti Zharghy, 2003
- «Limits to Intellectual Property Rights in Kazakhstan: Trade Names, Trademarks and Appellations of Goods Origin» (in co-authorship with Dr. R. Mukhamedshin) - Trademark World, No. 151, October 2002
- «Protection of Marks in Kazakhstan» (in co-authorship with Dr. T. Kaudirov) -Trademark World, March 2002
- «IP and New Customs Regulations in the Republic of Kazakhstan» - World Intellectual Property Report, January 2002
- «Domain Names and Intellectual Property Matters» (in co-authorship with Dr. T. Kaudirov) - Legal Reform in Kazakhstan, 2001
- «New Law Adopted on Legal Protection of Selective Breeding Achievements» (in co-authorship with Dr. E. Shatrova) - World Intellectual Property Report, 2000
- Reports at the international conferences devoted to intellectual property rights protection in Kazakhstan and Central Asia: INTA ( 2009, USA), LESI (South Africa, 2010), CRDF (USA, 2007); Business Breakfast at St. Petersburg Legal Forum (Russia 2015) and many others
- Lectures and trainings related to IP rights protection for state bodies and private companies, as well as LLM and MBA students, including customs bodies, lectures on commercialization of IP items and prevention of production and sale of counterfeit products.
- Member of Editorial Board of the Magazine “Intellectual Property” of IPR Committee of Ministry of Justice, since 2004
- Member of Kazakhstan Franchise Association, 2002 – 2006
- Arbitrator of the International Arbitration Court (Kazakhstan): Intellectual Property Related Cases, since 2002
- Arbitrator of the International Arbitration Court under The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan, since 2010
- Member of the WTO/TRIPS Assessment Working Group of the Confederation of the Employers of Kazakhstan, 2002
- Chairman of IP Working Group of the European Business Association of Kazakhstan, 2002
- Member of the Board of the Patent & Trademark Attorneys Association, Kazakhstan National Group, since 1998
- Association of Business Lawyers of Kazakhstan, since 2000
- Baker & McKenzie IP/IT Practice Group: Coordinator for Central Asian Republics of the Former USSR, 1997-1998
- INTA External Affairs Committee, Eastern Europe/CIS Subcommittee, 1997-1998
- INTA, AIPLA, AIPPI, LES Turkey, MARQUES
- Member of Franchising Union of Kazakhstan